The Clients for Additional Operating Systems allow you to manage Apple Mac, UNIX and Linux computers using System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager
|ConfigMgr Clients for Linux.exe||46.7 MB|
|ConfigMgr Clients for AIX.exe||115.7 MB|
|ConfigMgr Clients for HP-UX.exe||49.0 MB|
|ConfigMgr Clients for Solaris.exe||57.2 MB|
Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager supports the management of Apple Mac clients. The client for Mac computers allows you to discover Mac OS X devices, collect inventory, manage settings, and deploy applications and patches using your Configuration Manager environment.
Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager supports the management of UNIX and Linux servers. The clients for UNIX and Linux extends the scope of your Configuration Manager environment to collect inventory, deploy software, and run reports about UNIX and Linux servers in your enterprise. The client operates as a workgroup client that is managed by Configuration Manager.
Mac Client: The following Mac versions are supported in this release:
- Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
- Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)
- Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
The following scenarios are supported through the Mac client in Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager Preview:
- Discovery – Discovers Mac OS X system in Active Directory and through network discovery
- Hardware Inventory – Provides hardware inventory and auditing of computers running Mac OS X, including a list of installed software similar to add/remove programs for Windows systems.
- Settings Management – Ensures computers running Mac OS X comply with company policies using scripts and preference list management.
- Application Deployment – Distributes required software via app model.
- Software Updates Management – Distributes patches utilizing Software Distribution and Settings management features.
UNIX/Linux Client: The following UNIX and Linux versions are supported in this release.
- AIX Version 7.1, 6.1, 5.3
- Solaris Version 11, 10, 9
- HP-UX Version 11iv2 , 11iv3
- RHEL Version 6 , 5, 4
- SLES Version 11, 10, 9
- CentOS Version 6, 5
- Debian Version 6, 5
- Ubuntu Version 12.4 LTS, 10.4 LTS
- Oracle Linux 6, 5
The following scenarios are supported by the UNIX and Linux clients:
- Hardware Inventory – Hardware inventory can be viewed through Resource Explorer and can be used to create collections of UNIX and Linux computers.
- Software Inventory – Through hardware inventory the list of natively installed software can be gathered from the UNIX and Linux computers – similar to add/remove programs for Windows systems.
- Software Distribution – Deploy new software, update existing software and apply OS patches to collections of UNIX/Linux computers (using a package and program). Run arbitrary maintenance scripts on a collection of UNIX/Linux servers.
- Secure and Authenticated Communications
- Consolidated Reports