Common Daily Maintenance Tasks
Some common daily maintenance tasks are listed below:
- Verify that predefined maintenance tasks scheduled to run daily are running successfully.
- Check Configuration Manager 2007 site database status.
- Check site server status.
- Check Configuration Manager 2007 site system inboxes for backlogs.
- Check site systems status.
- Check client status.
- Check the operating system event logs on site systems.
- Check the SQL Server error log.
- Check system performance.
Common Weekly Maintenance Tasks
Some common weekly maintenance tasks are listed below:
- Verify that predefined maintenance tasks scheduled to run weekly are running successfully.
- Delete unnecessary files from site systems.
- Produce and distribute end-user reports if required.
- Back up application, security, and system event logs and clear them.
- Check the site database size and verify that there is enough available disk space on the site database server to allow the site database to grow.
- Perform SQL Server database maintenance on the site database according to your SQL Server maintenance plan.
- Check available disk space on all site systems.
- Run disk defragmentation tools on all site systems.
Common Periodic Maintenance Tasks
Some common periodic maintenance tasks are listed below:
- Review the security plan for any needed changes.
- Change accounts and passwords if necessary according to your security plan.
- Review the maintenance plan to verify that scheduled maintenance tasks are scheduled properly and effectively depending on configured site settings.
- Review the Configuration Manager 2007 hierarchy design for any needed changes.
- Check network performance to ensure changes have not been made that affect site operations.
- Verify Active Directory settings affecting site operations have not changed. For example, you should ensure that subnets assigned to Active Directory sites used as boundaries for a Configuration Manager 2007 site have not changed.
- Review the disaster recovery plan for any needed changes.
- Perform a site recovery according to the disaster recovery plan in a test lab using a backup copy of the most recent backup snapshot created by the Backup ConfigMgr Site Server maintenance task.
- Check hardware for any errors or hardware updates available.
- Check overall health of site.